Monday, December 2, 2013

Live While We're Young

Live While We're Young

Friday I was so tired after all of my traveling and I woke up at about 12 (That's late for me!). Then some of the guys in the flat had a football game. Them and some of their friends are in a recreational football league here. I think that is so cool because it is just so British! Julie, Eve, and I took a walk to Iceland to get food for my stay here. Then we kind of just chilled. But those are the best kind of days!

That night my flatmates had some people over and it was great to see other people that I hadn't seen in a while. It was a little get together, but it was fun. Flat parties were always my favorite things in Glasgow. Then, we went to Cheesy Pop at the QMU. Now, it's called "Snap, crackle, pop" but apparently it never caught on (Thank God--it's a mouthful!) First, we went to one of the bars. They had a kareoke machine and Lily's boyfriend sang a song to her, which was really cute. Then we went down to cheesy pop. It was a lot of fun. I forgot about John and Calum's awesome dance moves. We got home around three.

That was the same night as the helicopter crash in Glasgow. Bram and I saw a news report on it, but it didn't look like anybody was hurt so we weren't to worried. We were wrong. Many people's parents, including my mom, were trying to get in touch with there children to make sure they were ok. Even my brother and my aunt checked on me. In my defense, the pub was not near the University so I was not affected by it. Now I know how much of a tragedy it was. My heart goes out to all of the family and friends that lost a loved one. I am so thankful that my family checked on me. Family truly is everything.
My Mom told me I needed to get pictures of myself on this trip. So for my mom

The next day was fun. Cal and I grabbed coffee in the afternoon. It was nice to catch up with him. It was also fun to go to Costa Coffee again. Then we took a little walk and went to the University bookstore. In the evening Cal and I went to the Christmas market where there is tons of food. First we ran to Primark to get a few things for secret Santa. I also got Jackson and my sister a Christmas sweater. The Christmas fair was fun! I got Tikka Masala and Cal got this amazing strawberry waffle. While we were out, we ran into one of Cal's friends and her sister. It was nice catching up with them.

Later that night Cal, Bram, John and I went to their friend's birthday party. I was worried   I would feel like I was imposing but it was fun. The apartment looked like it should belong to Harry and Ron or something. It was cute, quaint, and very British. After the party we got the typical British late night snack, chips. I missed chips and curry so much!
Glasgow Cathedral

The Necropolis 
View of Glasgow from the Necropolis
Sunday I went to the city center to see the Glasgow Cathedral and the Necropolis. They were pretty cool but since I was alone, I didn't spend much time there. Afterwords, a couple of friends and I went out for coffee. Or I should say that we tried to. Every place was closed because it was a sunday! We ended up taking out from Starbucks. Then we came back and had a movie night. We watched The Vow. It was a good night and a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment