Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Return to Neverland



I cannot believe this day is happening! Tomorrow, I fly back to my beloved Scotland! I am hyperventilating!

I feel even more nervous than I was last year and that makes no sense! Last time I  was gone for three and a half months and I didn't even want to come back so soon and this time I am only going to be gone for one and a half weeks. That is no time at all. This time, I am also going back to people that I know and could could very well call family when before I had no idea what I was getting into.

I think part of it is that it's hard to come home from school to family and then to ship off to another country. Coming home makes it a lot harder to say goodbye to my family. Granted, I won't be missing too much and I will have about a month to spend with them. Also, my family will have a much better time in the mountains without all my moaning and groaning about how much I don't want to be there.

Part of it is also how easy this trip seems to be (knock on wood). Last year, it was such a big deal to go abroad. I was the little American that was over prepared. The United Kingdom was kind of a fairy tale land that I had never had enough time to spend in before. Now, I am packing the night before and my passport is this little nagging thing that I need to travel.

I guess the truth is that it will be different this time. But that is good. I want to go back to visit friends and not have to worry about school, right? It's just all so strange. I guess before I went abroad, I never envisioned myself coming back to visit. But the truth is, I left I piece of my heart in Glasgow. I might be nervous about the journey ahead but I know that once I get to Scotland, it will feel like I never left.

Seriously cannot wait to see these lovely people again!



My theme song for this trip


No comments:

Post a Comment