Saturday, November 24, 2012

"Double, Double, Toil and Trouble"

The next week was Halloween. My sorority sisters Aspen (studying abroad in Rome) and Kaye (studying abroad in Brussels) came to visit along with other DU people. Aspen and her friends, Julie and Cheyenne, came in the morning. A couple DU friends and I had lunch with them at our favorite crepe place, but then I had to go back to school. Later that evening, we went to Katy's flat for taco night and to carve pumpkins. It was fun but I cannot carve a pumpkin to save my life. I tried to be creative so I carved ghosts with "Happy Halloween" on my pumpkin. I thought I was being crafty but no one could guess what image I had carved.
My wimpy pumpkin cannot compare to Lauren's Scotland one
Aspen and Julie stayed with me. The first night we played monopoly with my flatmates. Cal, who is super crafty, had made a monopoly board. It was really cool. All the chance cards and spaces on the board have to do with our flat and the University of Glasgow. It took him 5 hours! Although I do not have a good strategy for monopoly, it was still fun.

The next day was Halloween! Last Halloween I was sick, so I was ready to "live it up", even though I had a presentation due the next day. Lauren R., Lauren H., Katy, Kate, Cheyenne, Aspen, Julie, Kaye, and I got ready in Lauren H.'s flat. Aspen did my make up and Lauren R. did my hair. Everyone had great costumes. Lauren R. was a cat, Lauren H. was the Statue of Liberty, Katy was a giraffe, Kate was a day of the dead skeleton, Cheyenne was a zombie hipster, Aspen was a witch, Julie was a french person, Kaye was Sherlock Holmes, and I, of course, was Leslie Knope. Katy did most of the makeup and it looked amazing!
Sorority Squat!

All the Laurens!

Best Group of DU friends abroad (and Kate)  a girl could ask for

In character

After taking lots of pictures, we headed to the QMU. It was so crowded! The decorations were fun though (I've never been to a Halloween party so I guess I am not a good judge). The DJ was ok. He played Halloween music, like "Ghostbusters", but he also played 90's stuff, like Blink-182 (which is ok if everyone knows the song). Aspen, Julie and I got separated from our group (again it was so crowded!) but we found my flat and danced with them the whole night. We headed back pretty early but it was a good night.

What the Halloween Party Reminded me of

Aspen, Cheyenne, and Julie left early the next morning. The flat was so quiet without them :(! But Kaye stayed until Friday so it was ok. On Thursday Kaye, Lauren, and I watched Criminal minds. I had seen the show but I wasn't a big fan. My friends (Angela and Shar :D) were obsessed freshman year). The show is actually pretty good. It's kind of reminds me of Law & Order. It was a fun night but I had to cut it short because the next day, I was off to Ireland :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment