Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chapter 2: The Balmoral...Hotel

Shipping Leah Off to Hogwarts
The next morning we left our hotel and headed to Edinburgh. My parents were surprised how easy the boarding process was. For anyone who does not know, trains are nothing like planes. You just have to get to the train station about fifteen minutes early in order to make it on your train. Well I guess I should say that the boarding process was easy but of course, with the Rosenthal's we almost missed the train because we bought lunch at the station. 

The train ride wasn't the best. We were supposed to all sit together but someone was sitting in our seats! My mom, dad, and ben ended up sitting together and Leah and I sat together. I think I annoyed her though because I was writing my paper most of the way. 

When we got to Edinburgh, we headed straight to the hotel, The Balmoral (Yes that is the name of the Royal Family's Castle in Scotland. I felt like Princess. It was so gorgeous! Of course, I took pictures. Leah didn't feel well so my brother, dad, mom, and I went to dinner at a restaurant I can't remember the name of. It was classy but good. I tried haggis and it was surprisingly good! 

After dinner we went on a night tour of Edinburgh. I know I know. Why go on a night tour with you're family? Well my mom thought my sister would like it but she didn't end up going so she didn't come. So my mom, dad, brother, and I, who don't necessarily believe in "things that go bump in the night" that went on the underground tour of Edinburgh. It was fun though. I was surprised that there were actually people on the tour on a freezing November night but it was completely booked! Our tour guide was amazing! He got so in to it. It was fun to be "scared silly" with my family.

I had to be at my lecture because it was essential to my exam, so the next morning my mom dropped me off at the train station and I made my way to Glasgow. My family was supposed to pick me up around noon so that we could make it to Stirling castle, but they were late so I went to my one o'clock class. It was good that I went though because it was useful on the exam. Anyway my parents picked me up after class and we headed to the highlands.




No comments:

Post a Comment