Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chapter 4: "When I grow up"-Tribute to Matilda

That night I met my family at the train station to leave for London again. Unfortunately it was terribly flooded and our train was delayed about an hour. That would have been ok, but that meant that we would get to London at around twelve. It was all ok by me though because we had bought first class seats and I didn't have to write a paper this time. The train ride wasn't actually that bad. I got to spend quality time with my family for five hours (for me this is a good thing :D). 

For some reason, we did not get into London until one in the morning. The train company was willing to compensate us for our loss though which I thought was very professional. However, their taxi qeue was so disorganized! My brother was furious. We made it safely to our hotel (which even had a cute Thanksgiving sign). 

The next morning Leah and I took a taxi to Speedy's, where Sherlock is filmed. The food was ok but Leah loved it (I think it's because she is obsessed with the show). From there we took the subway (I felt so street smart figuring it out) to Oxford Street and spent the whole day shopping. We went to Hamley's, H&M, and Topshop. The street was decorated to look like a winter wonderland. It was perfect. 
Calm and Cool

Where's Benedict Cumberbatch?
If only
I finally met the Queen...

We were supposed to go to dinner together but Leah and I didn't know what the plans were so we just went to she our show Matilda. It was an amazing show. I love the movie, so I was sad when she couldn't levitate for most of the play, but I loved her story telling in the musical. They are just too different to compare. It was amazing though. Leah also thought she saw the boy from The Boy in the Striped Pajamas there and so she was freaking out. Maybe that added a little more fun to the evening.


My House-Ms. Honey
My favorite scene from the movie, Always!
The next day my family flew back to the United States while I jumped on a train back to Glasgow. Although it was a quick trip, I am so grateful that they could make it to the United Kingdom and see what I have been up to all this time. Being two days away from my flight back to Texas, I can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment