Friday, September 14, 2012


My Princess Wave at Buckingham Palace
On our last day in London, my mom and I got a tour of Buckingham Palace. The first exhibit was an exhibit on Leonardo Da Vinci's drawings and studies on the human body. I never knew he was an anatomist as well as an artist. Maybe that's why his drawings are so perfect. 
Is that Prince William?
But I was not really interested in Da Vinci's exhibit. I wanted to see the palace! Again we were only allowed to see the Queen's Staterooms. The rooms were so magnificent and grand. I would give anything to live there. We saw the opening of the Palace, where William and Kate were dropped off after their wedding. We also got to see the throne room, where William and Kate and Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip took their wedding photos!!! I was starstruck by these places but can you imagine what I would do if I saw them? I would probably cry. The special exhibit was on the Queens diamonds because of her Diamond Jubilee but I would much have rather seen the exhibit on the Royal Wedding (which we just missed :/ )
Tea at Buckingham Palace
After our tour we went and had tea and a treat in the Buckingham Palace Garden. Then we headed to the Queen's royal mews. On the way over there, we saw a green range rover pull into the back entrance. According to my mother and the movie The Queen, every royal drives a range rover. I tried to look inside it, but did not get a good glimpse.
Prince William and Catherine Middleton's Wedding Carriage!!!
Prince Charles' and Princess Diana's wedding day carriage
The Coronation Carriage
Anyway, the Royal Mews were very cool. We saw Princess Diana's wedding day coach, as well as Catherine Middleton's wedding coach. We also saw two of the Queen's horses. After the mews, my mom and I went on a walk to Clarence House, where Prince Charles, Camilla, and Prince Harry live. On the walk over there we saw a beautiful monument to the men and the women in the armed forces.

Armed Forces Monument
My sister, Leah, had asked my mom and I to go shopping for her at Topshop in London. We searched for one and found a HUGE one on Oxford Street. We shopped there so long that we missed the opening scene of the musical we saw, Singing in the Rain. It was a fun musical with amazing tap dancing. In the famous number, Singing in the Rain, the main character actually danced in the rain on stage.


After the musical, my mom and I went to an Indian food restaurant. Although we were the only one's there, it was fun to eat a dinner alone with my mom. All in all, it was a great trip. We squeezed so many things in that we were constantly moving. But that's just how the Rosenthal's travel :D


Arthur's Seat...It was way too Windy


No comments:

Post a Comment